A lot of people I speak to, deep in the throes of multiple astrology readings and endless late-night Googling sessions, get lost in all the conflicting opinions out there related to Vedic Gemology. Frequently I get a call from someone asking me for advice, only to receive a second call asking me to explain why someone online said something different than what I did.
One of the most common things I repeat to people on a regular basis is the following:
If you ask 10 different astrologers their opinion on something, it’s guaranteed that you’re going to get 10 different answers to your question.
There comes a certain point in time where it actually does more harm than good to endlessly seek external answers on things like astrological matters. As scary as this is might sound to some, your higher self tends to have more answers than you might be used to giving yourself credit for.
The act of self-referral, or tuning inward to listen for what feels right, is a practice I wholeheartedly encourage our customers to partake in.
Here are some examples of things you’re more than welcome to ask me but you’re just as welcome to ask yourself:
“My Jyotishi told me to wear this stone but it makes me uncomfortable every time I put it on. Do I really have to keep wearing it?”
“I’m absolutely in love with this non-Jyotish ring I bought at a jewelry store, it makes me feel wonderful when I wear it, do I have to get rid of it?”
“Do I really need to buy this gemstone from you? I’m on the fence about getting it right now.”
“I want to wear my new gemstone as a pendant instead of a ring, is that really going to be a problem?”
“I don’t like gold, it feels too heating for me, am I going to ruin everything by setting this stone in silver instead? I love silver.”
If you have an unstoppable heart calling or a gut resistance to wearing a particular gemstone, jewelry, or precious metal, open up to the possibility of that being your truth. If your inner self is giving you guidance, especially when it’s loud and clear, I strongly suggest that you listen to it. There’s a very good chance that your physiological queues will be more relevant to your wellness than the opinion of somebody else, especially somebody you’ve never met before on the Internet. Including me!
There are some rules in the astrological gemstone world that we do believe in following unconditionally. Making sure the gems we wear are the proper quality, making sure we’re strengthening our auspicious planets with gemstones and not our malefic ones, and aligning ourselves with our greatest good and our highest values when wearing powerful Jyotish gemstones are the kinds of things we take very seriously.
More subtle guidelines are often just suggestions, tips that work well in most cases but can always be modified for you and your needs as an individual. If something doesn’t feel right, there’s no need to force it. If something feels really right, there’s no need to deny it. This not only applies to Vedic Gemology but to life in general – and the more you listen to your inner queues for truth, the louder and more accurate these queues will become.
If you’re truly confused after doing tons of reading, drowning in conflicting information and having no internal sense about what you should do when it comes to Jyotish gemstones, the good news is that you can always test out a gem for a few days before you purchase it. 95% of our clients who are unsure about a particular gem gain a lot of clarity one way or another with a 3-day trial period. (The remaining 5% are advised to wait until the purchase feels good, clear, and right for them. We never force or pressure anyone into buying anything.) You can read more about how to test an astrological gemstone here.
Tiffany April Raines is the Head of Sales at Astrological Gem International. Trained at the American College of Vedic Astrology and certified as a gemstone advisor through the Planetary Gemologists Association, she has served the Vedic Astrology community with research-based gemstone insight and advice since 2007. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: In order to provide the most time and best service possible for our paying customers, we are no longer able to respond to all of the requests we receive for gemstone recommendations. We welcome you instead to try our Free Gem Report if you are still in the learning and research phase of your Jyotish gemstone journey. This can be found at AstrologicalGem.com.